We know your area rugs are delicate, expensive and may have sentimental value. Carpets can take a lot of wear and tear over time, from excessive usage, to accidental spills, constant foot traffic and animal-related damage. Over time, signs of soil and contamination become more evident, - requiring deep professional cleaning and restoration services.
We only use methods and practices that are safe and hypo-allergenic: our organic products are, non-toxic, chemical free, baby friendly and pet friendly. We offer in-plant area rug cleaning with the most advanced equipment specially designed for oriental rugs, as well as hand-washing for antique and older rugs. We also specialize in finer textiles including wool, silk, cotton, jute and sisal just to name a few.
Our natural deep cleaning procedure beautifies and revives the colour of your area rugs, all while maintaining and protecting the original look and feel. We pay great attention to your area rugs, using the method best suited to individual weaves, fibres and dyes. By following strict cleaning methods, we can assure quality workmanship and reliable affordable services.
Here are the steps we follow to expertly clean your area rugs:1. Pre-Inspect: we assess the condition of each rug by – looking out for fading, discolour, stains, wear, pre-existing damage, colour instability and odours. We determine the cleaning ability of each rug and the appropriate cleaning procedure to be used. (See note below)
2. Dusting: dust and particulate matter lying deep within the rug are removed using compressed air and specially designed tools. Foot traffic and dry soil can act like sandpaper on the fibre, and this step is often referred to as “air washing” or “dusting” of the rug. Vacuuming, shaking, or beating are not nearly as effective.
3. Pre-treat: spots, spills and stains are treated by using the most advanced spotting techniques.
4. Pre-clean: traffic and heavily soiled areas. Agitate, dissolve, suspend and extract the ground in soils.
5. Rinse: to further remove soil and cleaning residue, and to restore the natural feel of the rug.
6. Restore: the nap with special grooming tools.
7. Dry: rugs are naturally hung dried in a climate controlled drying room. Drying time is less than 24 hours.
8. Final Inspection: we maintain the highest standards, so our inspection process is thorough. We don’t hesitate to repeat any steps that might be necessary to provide you with the cleanest rug possible.
Leave your fine rugs in good hands: we appreciate their beauty and unique distinction. We recognize the value of oriental or antique handmade rugs and we are familiar with the styles and craftsmanship particular to each production region and period. As such, we take tremendous caution in caring for and cleaning your rugs, and do so only in a controlled environment. We have a comprehensive process to ensure that your rugs will last for years to come. If your rug needs repair, we also offer rug repair services, re-fringing and padding replacement at an additional charge. Do you dream of bright, fresh and chemical-free carpets? Give us a call and let us take care or your cleaning needs. We offer FREE estimates by phone or in person, 7 days a week. We are always excited to hear from our Montreal friends!
- FREE estimates with no obligation or hidden charges
- FREE pick-up and delivery included within the price
- FREE consultation on rug cleaning, maintenance and repair
- 100% GREEN without compromise